He married, thirdly, Janet, daughter of John Cuthbert of Castlehill (marriage contract dated 17th December, 1658, the marriage portion being 3000 merks, and her endowment 5 chalders victual yearly), with issue--
7. Charles, I. of Letterewe, who, by his father's marriage contract, got Loggie-Wester, which had been purchased by Kenneth in 1640. In 1696 Charles exchanged it with his eldest half-brother, Alexander, VII. of Gairloch, for Letterewe. Charles married Ann, daughter of John Mackenzie, II. of Applecross, with issue--See MACKENZIES OF LETTEREWE.
8. Kenneth, who died unmarried.
9. Colin, I. of Mountgerald, who married Margaret, second daughter of Alexander Mackenzie, I. of Ballone, and widow of Sir Roderick Mackenzie of Findon, without issue; and secondly, Katharine, daughter of James Fraser of Achnagairn, with issue--See MACKENZIES OF MOUNTGERALD.
10. Isabella, who married Roderick Mackenzie, second son of John Mackenzie, II. of Applecross, with issue, whose descendants now represent the original Mackenzies of Applecross.
11. Annabella, who married George, third son of Roderick Mackenzie, V. of Davochmaluag, with issue.
According to the retour of service of his successor, Kenneth died in 1669, was buried in Beauly Priory, and was succeeded by his eldest son,
VII. ALEXANDER MACKENZIE, who, by a charter of resignation, got Loggie-Wester included in the barony of Gairloch. It had, however, been settled on his stepmother, Janet Cuthbert, in life-rent, and after her on her eldest son, Charles of Mellan and subsequently of Letterewe, to whom, after her death, Alexander formally disponed it.