3. Alexander, who was born on the 28th of February, 1731, and died without issue.
4. Margaret, who died without issue.
On the 3rd of June, 1723, it is recorded in the Session Records of the parish of Aberlour, that "Hector Mackenzie, in Netherton of Edenvillie, gave in a boll of meal, which his deceased father had appointed to be distributed among the poor of the parish."
Hector died on the 9th of March, 1732, was buried at Aberlour, and succeeded as representative of the family by his eldest son,
IV. WILLIAM MACKENZIE, who was born on the 26th of March, 1725. He left Edenvillie, and settled at Lyne of Carron, and in 1763 married Grizzel Dean, Knockando, with issue--
1. John, who was born on the 28th of February, 1764, and died without issue, in 1838.
2. William, born on the 2nd of March, 1769, and married, with issue--one daughter, Grace.
3. James, born 26th of May, 1771, and died in 1783.