He married, secondly, Elizabeth, daughter of Alexander Rose of Clava (marriage contract 1695), with issue--
1. Alexander, his heir and successor.
2. Kenneth, who married a Miss Gordon, with issue--two sons. He died in Jamaica.
3. John, who married his cousin Mary, daughter of his uncle Roderick, with issue--(1) Alexander, who went to Melbourne, Australia. and married, with issue, Alexander, now in Brisbane, Queensland. (2) Captain John Mackenzie, who married abroad, with issue--a daughter, Elizabeth, who died at Brighton, in 1856, without issue. (3) Elizabeth Mackenzie, who married, first, Richard Ord, of the Merkinch, Inverness, with issue--(a) William Ord, M.D. in the H.E.I.C.S., who died without issue; (b) John Ord, a merchant in London, who married with issue; (c) Richard, who died young; (d) Mary, who married Donald Fraser, solicitor, Inverness, with issue among others--the late John Fraser of Bunchrew, who married Hester Mary Mostyn, daughter of Edmund Lomax of Netley Park, Surrey, with issue, four sons and five daughters--Lieutenant-Colonel Edmund Lomax, late of the 60th Rifles, now of Bunchrew, unmarried; William Francis Mostyn, who died, unmarried, in 1881; Robert Scarlett, who married Beatrice Anna, daughter of Captain Alexander Watson Mackenzie, now of Ord, with issue; and Richard Agnew, late of the 78th Highlanders (Ross-shire Buffs), now Major 1st V. B. Cameron Highlanders, and Brigade Major Highland Volunteer Brigade, unmarried. John Fraser of Bunchrew's daughters were--Hester Mary, who, on the 4th of May, 1875, married Sir Archibald Douglas Drummond Stewart, Baronet, of Murthly and Grandtully, who died in 1891, without issue; Eliza, who died at Cairo, unmarried, in 1889; Frances Cecil Catherine; Laura, who married Sir Francis William Grant, Baronet of Monymusk, who died in 1887, without issue; and Georgina Arbuthnot. John Fraser of Bunchrew died in 1876. (e) Prudence, Richard Ord's second daughter, married Bailie John Mackenzie, Inverness, son of John Mackenzie of Ardnagrask, eldest son of Hector Mackenzie of Sand, Gairloch, and of Ardnagrask, with issue (for which see Gairloch Genealogy, pp. 416-418). Elizabeth, on the death of her first husband, Richard Ord, married, secondly, as his second wife, Farquhar Macrae of Inverinate, without issue.
4. Roderick, who died unmarried.
5. Mary, who married William Mackenzie of Achilty and Kinnahaird, brother of Sir Alexander Mackenzie V. of Coul, with issue.
6. Margaret, who married Captain Joseph Avery. They afterwards went to Carolina, and left issue.
7. Frances, who married John Macleod of Bay, Isle of Skye, with issue--one daughter.